Friday, March 7, 2014

Milestone Achieved *generic video game soundtrack*

I was just thinking the other day, there's no real track of all the things you've done in AIESEC (no, this isn't really an AIESEC post. Humor me and read on till the end.) except your own memory. Having said that, especially when you've been around as long as I have, and had as many experiences, it suddenly struck me that I might not remember them later on even if they were some crazy ones. So, here goes, I'm going to list all the experiences that I've been through here, that I think are worth mentioning, and also a few of which will be useful for me to remember when I'm re doing my resume!

  • Attend a conference with 900 people, comprised of National organizational heads from 112+ countries, and helped organizing an event of that scale.

  • Be the bartender at a conference with people from all those countries (It's not about the booze, it never is. What matters is that this translates to about 6 countries a minute conversations)

  • Dance a synchronized dance with people from all around the world. Yeah there's no rehearsal. Everyone just lands up at the venue and dances the ENTIRE thing like they've rehearsed it together a million times.


  • Manage a client from initial local sale to full blown National Partnership, with a complimentary couple of 5 star open bar and buffet meals for my entire Local Chapter, over and above sitting across the table on a level playing field with one of the biggest corporate houses in the country.

  • Have a family lunch along with friends from 3 separate continents. Now I'm learning languages from them.

  • WORK all day and night, many times, just because we believed in what we were doing, for ourselves more than anything else.
  • Go on a road trip with about 20 people from all around the world on a whim, and returned with all of them as good friends.
  • Be a part of teams with brilliant individuals who have challenged me to no end, and driven me to be a better version of who I was when I started out with them.




  • Experience Success, glorious, memorable, at the National Level - it wasn't the award, but it was about being the best at driving an organization of ~200 unpaid, part time employees in an organization that completely changes its leadership every year globally, to produce some of the best performance in the entire world. All this while being a student myself, with no corporate training or experience.
  • Run one of the biggest events for the best of the country's youth, with the poshest corporates. Got calls randomly from unknown numbers who turned out to be people like Mr. Sachin Bansal from Flipkart! I have on Whatsapp. SO COOL.




  • Be the brand ambassador of Nano randomly (Read as get a Nano randomly to drive around for a month.)
  • Find some of the best friends you can find, albeit with the most interesting set of faces.

  • The stories. THE STORIES.





  • See places you wouldn't dream about otherwise.



  • Make friends, and break friends. There are no pictures for this, just emotions and learnings. They were some of the most enriching experiences I have ever had.
  • TRIP. No pictures for this either, just trips.
  • Be a National Vice President, accountable to a network of ~5000 at the age of 22. I just got on, and I cannot wait to see what the coming year has in store.

There is no particular objective behind this post. Heck, I started this a year before I am finishing it. I am not even trying to sell AIESEC to anyone here. Just this:

I hope each one of us find that one thing to do that makes you feel like it's worth giving your entire being into, that makes it feel like a year goes past in a week, where you find the truest of people to be yourself with, and the most challenging people to learn from.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Views

free counters
You can email me at pratheek.vk at gmail dot com if you want to get in touch with me!