Monday, March 12, 2012

Ode to a Wookie

This isn't(entirely) a sappy emo piece on what a certain someone means to me because I know that means nothing to most people. This is more of a story on how two people *I tried to type something in here that would encapsulate what the both of us have, but failed*. Let's just say it's a story about two people.

We've known each other since as long as I can remember. We were random friends back then, just meeting when the parents decided to take the families out. Somehow we ended up hanging out more with each other than we did with the others back then. She isn't my oldest friend, but she sure is my most consistent one, and I hope she can say the same about me. We've tried to be as random as possible with each other, unconsciously at that, now that I think of it. And I really believe that's probably helped us stay the way we've been since we were shorter than our dogs.

We haven't stayed in touch all the time, we haven't hung out as much all the time. And what's awesome about that is that neither of that looked at it as such a big deal. I mean, yeah we lost track of each other for a while and there's a lot about her I still don't know because of those times but hell, we;re not bored of each other, yet!

She's been my strength in the toughest of times, that one fail safe who didn't rub my face in the dirt but told me I was a dick when I was a dick, and like hell, I love her for it.

Even with her debatably retarded anti-facebook policy, and that 3 year Pune hiatus, we've managed alright, no awkwardness, no succumbing to the apocalyptic relationship bug, none of that. All this seems funny to us, we didn't even think of this. Yes we've had out arguments and we will have more too, but now we cannot stop laughing about those when we think about them.

The one thing I will always remember, however cliched it may sound is the way we seem to be able to communicate telepathically. We look at each other and it's like we have a conversation. I've had that with a few people, but none with whom it's been so intense and spontaneous. She's just started a new chapter in her life, and I'd like to think I have too. I know we're going to be the same somehow, no matter what happens in our separate lives.

To the random drives in the dead of night, the mad scientist cooking scenes, and the once in a year marathon conversations!

PS: DUDE. Now that you're back in town, let's please please record something!

Love. ^.^

Edit: We did succumb. And then I lost her to cancer, I loved her very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views

free counters
You can email me at pratheek.vk at gmail dot com if you want to get in touch with me!