Thursday, April 12, 2012

Solace

I just found this scribbled in a book I use for college. Don't remember when I wrote this.

DISCLAIMER: This is dark but not a reflection in any way of my state of mind, this kind of writing I connect to more.

No copyright intended on the picture, it connected it with this piece remarkably well.



Shards of stabbing cold, 
Moments of dreary thoughtfulness.
What happens when we grow old?
When time starts to push and press?

Searching and restless, 
Mind, soul and body.
Will we stop being hopeless?
Will we ever be ready?

Me being ever questioning,
Answers down a bottomless well.
When will I start living?
When will time finally tell?

My head throbs and spins, 
Of things small and looming.
Why does the world abuse and sin?
Why does it seem like bad is booming?

I wait till all becomes clear.
I try not to despair or fret
How does good breed fear?
How does a fish catch the net?

They all say be strong.
This too shall pass, they promise.
What if they're wrong?
What door hides the solace?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Views

free counters
You can email me at pratheek.vk at gmail dot com if you want to get in touch with me!